ATLANTIC YARDS CONSTRUCTION UPDATE
ATLANTIC YARDS CONSTRUCTION UPDATE
In an effort to keep the Atlantic Yards Community aware of upcoming construction activities, ESD and Forest City Ratner provide the following outline of anticipated upcoming construction activities. We hope it keeps you informed and helps you plan for any possible inconveniences. Please let us know if there's any way we can improve these updates.
If you have any questions please feel free to contact ESD's Project Director at 212-803-3766 or AtlanticYards@esd.ny.gov
Please note: the scope and nature of activities are subject to change based upon field conditions. In addition, during the utility work water shut-offs may be required; these shutdowns are done under the oversight of DEP and property owners will be given advance notice. All work has been approved by appropriate City and State agencies where required.
B-2 Tower, Modular Residential
• Continue installing Support of Excavation (SOE), walers and wall pipe support struts. This activity will continue through this reporting period.
• Site excavation will continue in coordination with approved SOE down to the 29' final cut depth. Work will result in the use of up to 5-10 dump trucks (varies per day, 3 round trips each), and up to 15-30 loads of material transported off site per day. This activity will continue through this reporting period.
• Pouring mud slab at the bottom of excavation working west to east. This activity will continue through this reporting period.
• Start vapor barrier and reinforcement for mat slab. This activity will continue through this reporting period.
• Daily cleanup activities of sidewalks and streets are ongoing as required.
• Construction Activities are scheduled for upcoming Saturdays. Work hours will be 7am till 6pm, pending DOB approval. Work will include welding and placement of SOE works. No trucking of material off site is scheduled for Saturdays.
• Daily coordination with the Arena regarding construction activities.
Dean Street Playground Comfort Station
• As part of the construction impact mitigation requirements FCRC is constructing a
comfort station in the Dean Street Playground near the eastern entrance to the park at
Bergen Street between 6th and Carlton Avenues. The design, which includes men's
and women's rooms, a small maintenance storage room and perimeter paving and
landscaping, has been approved by the New York City Department of Parks and
Recreation, Community Board, and the New York City Public Design Commission.
Work has been completed with the exception of punch list and turn-on of utilities
ConEd recently installed the electric meter Startup of HVAC systems will follow.
LIRR Yard Activities Block 1120 & 1121
• All trades will continue to work on and complete any and all punchlist work accordingly. Most of the remaining punchlist work will be done on weekends during the daytime in order to have the power in the yard shut down so work can be completed safely.
• PT/JV continues minor work related to the repair work of the existing SOE in block 1121.
• MPT, temporary hydrant relocation, temporary street light relocation and placement of sound barriers for the pile drilling along the southern side of the yard on the northern Pacific Street sidewalk between 6th Avenue and Carlton Avenue has been completed and is in effect. Pacific Street, between Carlton and 6th Avenues, has become one-way westbound; parking is only permitted along the south side of Pacific Street. The MPT is projected to be in place for approximately eight (8) months.
The drill rig components have arrived and are being assembled. Actual pile drilling along and outside the south wall to the yards is now anticipated to begin during the week of 4/15th and continue for several months. Equipment issues caused a delay in the previously anticipated start of pile drilling during the week of 4/8th.
How to Reach the Community Liaso Office (CLO)
The Community Liaison Office is located at 752 Pacific Street. The CLO's hours are
M-F from 9am – 4pm and the phone number, 866-923-5315 and email, email@example.com will remain the same. Visitors seeking the office should enter through the guard booth at the corner of Carlton Avenue and Pacific Street.
1.Report a complaint or request for service by contacting the District Office.
2. Attend meetings of the Community Board and ask to be put on the mailing list to get meeting notices.
3. Apply to become a Community Board Member. You can do so either by picking up an application at the Community Board's Office, contacting the Brooklyn Borough President's Office at 718-802-3700, or by contacting your local Council Member.
Click Here to find out more!
1291 St. Marks Ave.
Brooklyn, NY 11213
Tel: (718) 467-5574